Sunday 18 March 2007

Im Angus

Caught up with Tammy again which was basolutely fantastic I know when I see her that we will have a good time full of eating, drinking and laughter.

I actually made a booking for Essence and had made a booking but seriously having been there before (and stumbling it on it actually) we thought it would be easy to find....we were wrong, we walked back and forth 3 times and couldnt find the damn place! So as I really wanted a steak, we ended up at I'm Angus.

Although being very busy and packed we got a good table inside which I really wanted as it was so hot and humid on Friday.

We quickly ordered our mains (both Fillet Mignons mine Rare Tammy's Medium to well) as well as a green salad.
The Fillet Mignons obviously Chargrilled steak wrapped in bacon has a side of Garlic Potatos and Onion Marmelade. My steak arrived promptly and was absolutely perfect, red inside, soft and tender - delicious.

Also ordered a bottle of Tatachilla 'McLaren Vale' Cab Sav that went down so well!

For Dessert Tammy and I both ordered one dessert each but obviously shared both desserts with spoons hacking into all possible areas. Seeing Creme Brulee (my absolute fave) this had to be my order in further detail my Creme Brulee was a Mixed Berry version with a brandy Snap Crisp, Tammy on the other hand has a Chocolate Temptation with Vanilla Ice Cream. Thoughts? Tammys Chocolate Tempatation was delicious, my Creme Brulee did not have enough of the caremal top so when I cracked it I realised there was onle a layer in the middle and the berries inside the custard were giving the custard a weird colour....(I dont like fruit that much...ok my friends who read this would say not at all)





Overall the service was great although the waiter thought I was a critic and wouldnt let go of that even though I kept sayibng I wasnt and that this was a personal thing, I also think he was trying to pick up my friend. In addition to this that table next to us which had two guys made a comment about how we could eat desserts and keep our trim figure althought he mustn't have seen me from the cheast down and then decided to join our 'Cheers'

The Promenade - Cockle Bay Wharf Sydney - NSW / 2000
Australia Reservations T (02) 9264 5822

No comments: