Wednesday 28 March 2007

ahhh I have been very lazy

I have been eating so much and going out to dinner however have been so caught up in the good time I havent taken any photos oops :(


I must say I went to lunch with Tammy to Le Renaissance at the Rocks, my god this place is good! I had a Beef, Mushroom and Leek pie with salad while Tammy had the Beef in Burgandy Pie with salad then we shared a Cezanne and Mille Feuilles, I loved the Mille Feuille which was: -
Layers of delicate puff pastryand vanilla crème pâtissière, dusted withicing sugar
The Cezzane was a Chestnut mousse which was good but not as good as the previous.

Then we went shopping which consisted of myself purchasing a top for my new job (of which totally broke my budget) as well as a jacket and a CD (gotta love specials).
After a giant load of money been given to various retail stores Tammy and I decided on dinner at Dining Bar Musashi- Japanese

I had the agedashi Tofu and Wagyu Beef with rice whilst tammy had the Takoyaki and Salmon Sashimi and we both share Edameme and both had a Japanese cocktail which was delicious. The service was super fast we were in and out in less than an hr!
I want to go back again

On Thursday with mine, Hamish and Chris farewell we went to Kingsleys Steakhouse on Lime St.

What can I say? I expected alot, the waitress was nice....but overall it was a disappointment but lets start at the beginning.

I ordered the Duck Ravioli for Entree, this I must say was delicious!

But that was the only thing that went right for me I ordered a Rare steak which i always order and got a Medium which while soft, tasted like charcoal, of course people who had their meals delivered the way they want would say 'oh whats wrong...'trying to make it not a big deal but its these people that would crack the biggest shit if it were them that did not get what they ordered. Lulu on the right got the Steak Diane that Peta ordered and Peta got the Petite fillet that Lulu ordered and as both were in unknown territory didnt realise until half way when they each looked at their meals. Sids steak was evidently rare when he had ordered medium, my boss got chips instead of the baked potato.

I must say though, the garlic mushrooms were delicious!

When I called the waitress to tell her my steak was medium instead of rare she told me that it was rare (my steak was cooked right through) and when i compared it to someone elses so show what rare was she told me if i wanted a new steak it would take another 20 mins! She offered a free wine but really i had wine and I wasnt paying so i didnt care about wine i wanted a steak! I was over it by then though.

I ordered a creme brulee for dessert, it was ok...

I have been left with a bitter taste in my mouth due to my experience at Kingsleys ...


No comments: